Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Bat and the Cigarette


The Bat and the Cigarette



I was drawn to the dim light
For i did not know the source of it
She drew me towards her height
And I flew amazed of the power of her wit

She sparkled, dimmed and light up again
As if playing with my earthly desire
Deceiving my sense, my being entire
For I was in her palms as small as a grain

She danced in the night,
Leaving but a trace of light
I followed... astonishing!
Yet the night started vanishing
She was but a cigarette in someone else’s hand
Her dance was not her own
It was not her stage, not her land
And he used her, consumed her to the bone…

He tossed her but to draw another
From the pack of his puppets
For him, she was like every other


But I was still in love
In love with her illusions
and delusions



No comments:

Post a Comment